Eiji Busujima is Giru the Evil Bones Knight in GARO: The Makai Flower. He's the leader of a Phantom Makai Knights platoon; Eiji is also a Senatorial Makai Knight. He's the rogue knight that freed Eyrith in an attempt to save his fallen love, Priestess Akari.
Personality & CharacterEdit
Eiji was a dedicated knight and faithfully served the Makai Order for many years as a Phantom Makai Knight and Senatorial Knight. Things would dramatically change when his lover, Makai Priestess Akari, was dying from illness. Angered by the fact he dedicated a lifetime to protect the innocent, but unable to save Akari, he turned his back on his vows as a knight to suit his needs. Desperate to save Akari, he would dare to use any method, even if it's dark forces, to save Akari. Unfortunately, Akari's body couldn't hold anymore. Unwilling to let her go, he concocted a highly ambitious plan: use the Seed of Eyrith to resurrect Akari. Eiji heard of the legend of Eyrith's ability to bring back the dead. Desperate to bring Akari back, Eiji freed Eyrith in attempts to control the Horror to serve his needs. Unfortunately,t he process failed and now he must atone for his actions.
Skills & AbilitiesEdit
Eiji is a highly skilled knight. Despite being middle-aged, his combat capabilities rivals that of the younger Raiga Saezima (Garo). Trained to use magic (likely from Akari), Eiji can cast various illusionary spells, seals, and barrier techniques against his target.
Tools & EquipmentEdit
- Giru Sword - A cross between a saber and enlarged tanto blade, Eiji is proficiently skilled in using the sword, able to block attacks from two opponents simultaneously and counter them.
- Madō Bagua Tag - Eiji is skilled in the use of black colored variant of Mado Bagua Tags, each of which can be used to cast certain spells. Among the spells shown are a binding spell, a sleeping spell, and a lightning spell that distracts his opponents by blinding them.
- Fire Gloves- Eiji can wield flame in the palm of his hands using magic gloves to burn his opponents and resist the effects of Soul Metal.
- Shurikens & Daggers: - Eiji uses assassination throwing projectiles to attack from a distance.
Before the events of the series, Eiji was a good man who vowed to protect mankind from the Horrors. He fell in love with a Makai Priestess named Akari and they had a relationship. But Akari became ill from some unspecified disease and soon died from her illness. This made Eiji descend into insanity, as he desired to have her back no matter the cost. He then heard about the ancient Horror Eiris and its power to revive the dead. He spent several years of his life forming a plan to free Eiris and use her to restore Akari back to life and put her soul in a new body. When he discovered the Mayuri during her stasis period and learned she could seal Horrors, he planned to use her to bind Akari's soul until he could create a new body once she awakened.
When the Ady Slate was first uncovered, Eiji broke into the museum it was displayed in and used a charm and a dagger to undo the seal to free Eiris and the nine Slab Horrors. By then, he waited and orchestrated some of the events leading to Mayuri sealing most of the Slab Horrors, while also ensuring the revival of the Horror.
Eventually, Eiji reveals himself and fights both Raiga Saejima and Kurō, initially gaining the upper hand, until Eiris awakens and flies off by possessing Crow. Still seeing this as a means of reviving Akari, he challenges Raiga once again, this time battling in their Makai Armors. Eventually, Raiga convinces him to abandon his desires. Eiji was left distraught, as Raiga follows the possessed Crow.
When Raiga was transformed into a Lost Soul Beast and controlled by Eyrith, Eiji arrives and assists Crow in helping fight off and eventually calm the raging Raiga down.
Notes & TriviaEdit
- Eiji is first major villain of the series who redeemed and survive as he was merely misguided by his desire to revive his lover instead of turning evil.
- Also, Eiji is first fallen Makai Knight who reneemed and merely incarcerated for his crimes.